Friday, July 14, 2006

Red Eyed Tree Frog - Experiment 4 - Acrylic on streched canvas 100x80cm

Red Eye Tree Frog - Having painted the eyes and given definition to the foliage, this semi final update is the result. I painted the body of the frog and face using a stipple effect. Then I used long flowing brush strokes to give a smoother texture to the leaves. All that remains to do now is to paint in the white highlights and solidify the background 'black' shapes. I'm still in two minds about the 'Bishop's cap' sticking out of the head. This may or may not be removed by the time the final pic is presented.

Our precious digital camera got dropped by me so until it is replaced I have to revert to using my cell phone to take pics - hence the lack of detail in this photo...


Art Expression

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 pm

    You never cease to amaze me, my friend! Great painting! Yep, I also have my doubts about the "red mitre" LOL but probably more so because you drew our attention to it hehehe.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your genius!

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jong! I don't know what to say except "Thanks so much"
    Cheers Ray
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...