Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Red Eyed Tree Frog 5


Red Eyed Tree Frog 5 - Part 3

red eyed tree frog - acrylic - painting process - background

Nothing like a bit of viridian hue to liven up the background...
Again, I used various dilutions of the hue and like the way it has come out so far.

I decided to paint the background now before concentrating on the body of the frog - my reasoning being that when I do the final background, I can paint a definite and smooth line to make the frog stand out from the rest of the painting.


Art Expression

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 pm

    Hi Peter

    The Red Eyed Tree Frog is a very interesting subject - I have enjoyed viewing your paintings.How many have you completed? Are you doing a series of paintings?

    Are you selling your paintings?

    I must say you have great talewnt - and thank you for adding me to your blog!

    Nigel Bragge - Edmonton Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nige
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment - I really appreciate your time.
    Yes, doing a series of frogs - completed 8 pieces already, but am aiming for 25! - not all of them 1m wide though...
    Selling them yes...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...