Monday, December 15, 2008

Guest Artist - Joan Knoesen (2)



Joan Knoesen - Wuppertal 


I am back home and will now have a chance to digitally document my grandmother's art - I hope...
There is a story behind this painting - like all paintings I guess, so I'll endeavour to find out the details and share it with you all.
This is a painting of Wuppertal, a small town 72km southeast of Clanwilliam and about 250km from Cape Town. The little shop on the left hand side is where they manufacture and sell veldskoene. A veldskoen is a basic leather shoe - directly translated as 'field shoe'.

2 comments:

  1. Great writing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same with sketch paper ! I used to dumpster dive at the end of the school year . I could not have made it well without paper that was thrown out. I try to save unused white paper and make something out of it. I try not to buy any do to the fact that my drawings are priceless and still ...I give them away ! I enjoy your story so much ! thank you !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...